Apprentice Infrastructure Engineer – Chatham Maritime (ME4) – 16225
This listing has expired
Vanquis Bank is part of the Provident Financial Group, a lender established in 1880 with a history of operating predominantly in the home credit market. Vanquis Bank was established as the credit card issuing arm of the Provident Financial Group in 2002.
Vanquis is the largest dedicated specialist ‘low and grow’ credit card issuer in the UK credit card market. Vanquis Bank occupies three sites – a Head Office in Central London and sites in Bradford and Chatham, Kent housing our customer contact centres.
Vanquis is a full member of UK Finance, the trade association for the UK’s financial services industry.
Driving value for Vanquis Customers through the provision and support of Infrastructure solutions as part of the Infrastructure Engineering department.
The role reports into Senior Infrastructure Engineers.
APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE, PROBLEM SOLVING & INNOVATION
- Embraces a continuous learning culture where the development of new skills and knowledge is paramount to the success of both their and their other team member roles. In particular, a focus on automation and reliability engineering
- Understands the importance of learning agility, constantly looking for ways to improve their knowledge and is relentless in improving skills and experience
- Stay abreast of trends and new capabilities
- Understands importance of new technology i.e cloud (Azure/AWS)
- Work with the wider team to ensure that technical debt and service improvement activities are prioritised.
- Ensure clear documentation and commented code is in place for all tools/processes
- Quickly identifying and implementing resolutions, ensuring lessons are captured and preventative controls introduced for future deliveries
- Work closely with other Engineering teams to ensure standards and best practices are used across the teams
- Collaborate with colleagues to present analysis and proposals to other teams where appropriate
- Get to know the wider business to better understand their goals and challenges including market activities
- Learning the importance of designing, delivering and supporting network infrastructure that provides the business and our customers with a “frictionless service”
- Persistent and committed in their approach to learning and furthering their career
- Learning agility – relentless in their thirst for knowledge
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies
- Ambitious and passionate about IT and growing in the role
- Any IT experience or exposure in a commercial environment
- Some experience in writing code
- Some scripting knowledge (JSON, Powershell, Bash, YAML)
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above
Monday to Friday 9:30am to 6pm
£18,000 per annum
We actively encourage our staff to join events and community projects by giving paid time-off as well as financially contributing through our fund matching programme.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV