Apprentice Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Derby UK13381
This listing has expired
About the programme:
Role Title: Apprentice Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Derby
Required qualifications: 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade A to C or equivalent
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you office based in Derby but there may be requirements to visit additional Balfour Beatty office locations as part of the training programme.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
Our aim is to effectively and efficiently deliver IT Service Field Engineering throughout the UK, working in conjunction with the service desk to receive work for completion.
Field Engineers will recommend improvements, modifications to all Balfour Beatty IT Services that will improve operating effectiveness and efficiency, that have been discovered whilst delivering services on sites throughout the UK
Ensuring customer experience and satisfaction of all Information Technology & Communication services provided by IT Field Engineering to the end user computing community within Balfour Beatty throughout the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, geared towards you achieving IT Application Specialist level 3.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 12 months
Your responsibilities as an IT Service Field Engineer include:
- Ensuring services provided comply with Backup and Disaster Recovery procedures
- Delivering IT field engineering services at main office locations and accompanying senior engineers on site setups/decommissions and projects
- Ensuring compliance with current IT documentation standards utilised within IT Services
- Delivering services requested through Incident, Service Request, Change and IMAC processes within IT Service Desk
- Deliver field engineering service within the change IT Services management process.
- Recommending to line manager potential service improvements, and technology which could enhance the delivery of service throughout the UK
- Comply with all service delivery agreements and KPIs
- Ensuring services delivered comply with defined service SLAs
- Ensure areas which could potentially adversely affect the business are expediently highlighted to line management
- Proactively resolve systems issues through adopting a flexible approach and creating innovative solutions which maintain an acceptable balance between risk, reward, and customer service
- Proactively identify ways to improve service delivery and operational effectiveness on sites.
- Ensuring customers sign acceptance sheets for all work completed
- Deliver the Balfour Beatty values when delivering services on behalf of IT Services
Who we’re looking for:
As well as well-developed team and People Skills, you will have the passion and desire to learn IT Infrastructure Domain knowledge including Windows 7/2003/2008/10.
You will be able to solve problems and to pick up new ways of working quickly with minimum direction, working collaboratively as part of a team and independently.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths and English
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
Closing Date applications are open until 17th May 2019, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (Two Ticks) symbol and we are a member of Stonewalls Diversity Champions programme.
REGISTER YOUR CV