APPRENTICE INSURANCE CLAIMS HANDLER 31394
This listing has expired
About this opportunity
The Claims Handler role is responsible for undertaking the case management of insurance claims made by clients. The role requires the post holder to provide excellent customer service in line with FCA and Company guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Responsibility for the administration of all classes of commercial and personal lines claims.
• Dealing with claims including but not limited to household, domestic, motor, third party recoveries, subsidence, public and employer liability, personal injury and a wide range of commercial insurances.
• Duties may include but are not limited to: taking first notification from the client, issuing claims forms, validating the claim against the policy coverage, liaising with insurers, loss adjustors and uninsured loss recovery companies, providing customers with advice on mitigating their loss and how their policy may react, ensuring premiums have been paid, informing customers on how their policy premiums may be affected by their claim and passing the full settlement to the client.
• Identifying suspicious, complex or high value claims and raising these with management.
• Create new claims files upon notification of a new claim and record using IT software.
• Ensure all claims follow the policy conditions and consult with senior management or legal representation if necessary.
• Processing claims quickly and correctly, working on behalf of the client/customer and liaising with Insurers as appropriate.
• Ensure all business activity fully complies with FCA regulation and company procedures as detailed in the compliance manual – use checklists and support documentation as provided by the company to assist with demonstrating compliance.
• Handle any complaints in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail. Have the ability to analyse information and manipulate data in order to create meaningful reports for analysis. Collating and providing timely management information to the Directors
• Demonstrating exceptional customer service skills at all times.
• Able to handle all queries in a professional manner.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
• 5 GCSEs including English and Maths at grade C/4 or above
• Ability to work to a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to prioritise and follow the end to end claims process.
• Ability to build effective relationships with clients and insurers.
• Motivated to provide a high level of customer service.
• Knowledge of the end to end claims process.
• IT skills including Microsoft Office programmes.
• Knowledge of the basics of insurance cover for policies.
REGISTER YOUR CV