Apprentice IT Analyst – Manchetser (M3 3) – 16345
This listing has expired
NCC Group is a global leader in cyber security and risk mitigation, with a passion about making the internet safer and revolutionising organisation’s attitudes towards cyber security.
We provide organisations with the peace of mind that their data and information are protected, available and operating as they should be at all times.
We float on the London Stock Exchange, work with over 15,000 customers and employ over 1600 employees, operating out of 36 offices globally.
Job overview / purpose
Working in IT in NCC Group would offer the chance work in a friendly, collaborative team, to learn a vast amount of skills and technologies and build a strong knowledge on IT security. As well as provide the opportunity to regularly engage with some of the cutting edge leaders in the cyber security industry, as well as other employees from all areas of the business.
- Providing first line technical support to internal customers, assisting them with IT related issues over the phone and via remote access
- Performing diagnostic tests, modifications or repairs to software and hardware
- Logging all Helpdesk calls accurately
- Basic technical trouble shooting (e.g. password resets; cabling; workstation configuration; software installations)
- Work as part of a team to gain the best outcome for customers
You will have knowledge of some of the following; Windows 7/8/10, Server 2012, Office 2010/O365, VMware, along with the following skills:
- Excellent Communication – both written and verbal, with attention to detail
- A consistent professional approach to all tasks
- The ability to remain calm, confident and knowledgeable will be critical to your success in this role
- Ability to think strategically, work proactively and to establish good working relationships
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Willing to share techniques and skills with peers
- Is self-motivated and consistently looking to learn new technologies
Notwithstanding the detail in this job description, the jobholder from time to time will undertake work that will be determined by their Line Manager and/or a member of the Senior Management Team consistent with the key tasks of the job.
Minimum 5 GCSE’s at grade C & above or equivalent.
5 days per week,
37.5 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£10,400 per annum
There are several perks to working at NCC Group, including:
- Opportunity to be offered a full time position at the company on successful completion of the apprenticeship based on performance.
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Personalised annual leave
- Save as you earn scheme, give as you earn scheme, cycle to work scheme
- BUPA healthcare plans, free UK flu jabs and employee assistance scheme
- Fresh fruit delivered daily
- Early finish on the Friday after pay day
There will be a salary review after 6 months, based on company and individual performance.
We have a smart dress code, except on Fridays where the dress code is relaxed.
All new starters are required to go through a security screening process when starting within the company.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV