Apprentice IT Support Engineer
Apprentice IT Support Engineer
We are a friendly team with a casual outlook, but a professional front.
We do socialise especially for events such as birthdays, celebrations, company achievements and seasonal times.
We work to specific hours, although we are flexible with a give-and-take outlook.
As a small company, we offer many areas within the IT sector, this means you have the ability to gain hands on experience with all aspects, which makes the position a more exciting and worthy cause.
The apprentice will be part of a small-dedicated IT team, working closely with other engineers and reporting to the IT manager.
The apprentice will also:
• Provide IT Support & Installations for the new and existing client base
• Build Bespoke computer systems and servers, offering telephone technical support, remote support, network installations, callout support, and other IT skills as time and progress goes on
• Undertake internal company procedures i.e. Daily Backup checks, quarterly maintenance tasks etc.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
• Work in conjunction with the IT Manager and the support Team
• Work alongside the IT Manager on the applications, telephony, infrastructure and Systems so they meet current and future needs
• Support the IT Manager to handle the day-to-day user requests from the service desk system, ticketing/installations and upgrades
• The training programme is designed to provide real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform individuals into highly skilled IT Apprentices
• Apprenticeships will blend on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning, which will teach a range of new skills including Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating System, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic, Business Process
• Develop social media strategies with the team to gain a bigger following in order to increase traffic to the website
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• Have good communication/ telephone skills
• Should work well alone as well as in a team
• Be prepared to provide the highest level of customer service to our customers
• Have a flexible approach to work (be able to undertake other duties)
• Ability to recognise and respond to urgent customer requests
• Professional approach
• Must demonstrate attention to detail
• Able to follow instructions
• Never be afraid to ask for help
• A personable person with a willingness to learn
• A can-do attitude is essential
Desired qualification requirements:
The candidate will need to have at least 5 GCSEs (C and above) including Maths and English.
Monday – Friday,
35hrs per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£170 per week
Benefits of the role/Future prospects:
• Annual leave
• Summer and winter socials, plus quarterly socials
• Other employee benefits
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV