Apprentice IT Support Engineer – Hull (HU13) – 16886
This listing has expired
Quickline deliver fast and reliable internet connectivity to Business, Public Sector and Residential customers via an independent Fibre and Fixed Wireless Access. They are a company built around its customers, the team, a high-quality network and multiple opportunities for growth. These characteristics are central to Quickline’s Vision for the business.
Job overview / purpose:
The company are currently seeking ambitious individuals for two IT Support Apprentices positions as they are an Internet Service Provider, based in Hull.
- A significant part of this work is working at heights in a safe manner, operating hand tools and power tools in a safe manner including drilling into and attaching equipment to customer’s home and businesses
- Installation of broadband antenna equipment including but not limited to; 5.4GHz & 2.4GHz Antennas and brackets necessary for attaching these antenna types to the exterior of homes and businesses
- Working with various cable and connector types including but not limited to; cat 5 cabling and LMR- 400 Cabling, ability to route cable from exterior to the interior of a location keeping in mind the aesthetics of the building, grounding, broadband routers, switches and all connectors applicable for this type of cable
- Connect customer’s PC or local wireless devices to broadband router
- Knowledge and ability to configure WIFI 802.11 Wireless Networks
- Install and configure networking systems and components
- Clearly explain all services and equipment operation to customers
- Promote additional services available to our customers and potential customers
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation in a timely and accurate manner
- Any other duties as assigned by the lead technician
- Proficient with Windows Applications
- Ability to configure TCP/IP settings on windows XP, 7, 8, 10 and OSX for Macs
- Use of PC based applications to program and diagnose various communications equipment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Documents to create and edit documentation
- Self- motivated
- Customer service oriented and professional in appearance
- Must be willing and able to work after normal business hours with on call duties
- Working in a safe and effective manner, keeping work area clean at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
37.5 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£138.75 per week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV