Apprentice IT technician
Apprentice IT technician VAC-03082
Remit are currently recruiting on behalf of Sawtry Community College, Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust. The college is organised into four ‘Houses’, each of which comprise of around 250 students, 12 tutor groups and 30 staff. Houses are responsible for monitoring and ensuring the welfare and progress of the students; each House has a distinct identity but applies common structures and systems.
The role is to work within the IT Support team to assist the staff and students across the Academy Trust providing a professional, customer focused service and support in everyday use of IT equipment. You will be based on their front desk and work with the IT helpdesk system to report issues, undertake general admin tasks. Covering a wide variety of IT areas from local and remote user issues, networking and cloud service queries.
Duties would include:
• Providing 1st line support to customers
• Solving projector and interactive whiteboard issues
• Administrative support, including filing, word processing and reprographics work and data input
• To liaise with students, families and staff on behalf of CMAT
• Setting up new machines and swapping faulty laptops
• Editing user accounts
• To assist the arrangement of routine in-school activities such as staff school photographs, student induction and presentation evenings
• Installing and configuring software
• Installing computers in new IT suites
• Configuring network devices
• Responding to urgent IT issues around the site
• Ensuring that systems and software are implemented in line with the Trust’s IT policy
Please note: Do not contact the employer directly as this will result in your application being rejected.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week: Monday to Friday – 8:30 am – 17:00pm
Weekly Wage: £146.25
Application Deadline: 06-05-2019
Possible Start Date: 13-05-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV