Apprentice IT Technician – Boldon Colliery (NE35) – 16924
This listing has expired
Integrity Technology Services / Integrity Computers provides a range of repair, service and support services to clients in the region.
The company has a welcoming friendly atmosphere where their employee’s enjoy socialising and team activities.
They have a close-knit supportive team that work hard but have lots of fun.
The company have a good track record of employing, training and developing apprentices to become qualified IT professionals.
Currently seeking a personable, outgoing individual with a passion for IT to undertake an Apprentice Technician position in a small dynamic IT company in South Tyneside.
The business is a friendly, highly qualified and experienced technical team supporting local companies that have IT networks of 2 to 200 computers in the Tyne & Wear, Durham and Teesside area.
Job purpose: [to ensure the following criteria are met]
To delight the customer.
To communication with customers.
To repair and maintain in good working order customer equipment, software and hardware, installing new or replacement equipment where required.
To advise and assist customers by offering accurate information advice.
Develop and maintain trust and confidence between the customer and the company.
Seek opportunities for providing further services needed by the customer, and help develop the customer base.
Main role / duties:
- Support all aspects of Integrity Technology Services & Integrity Computers customers by using your skills, knowledge and the systems and resources available in a prompt and courteous manner at all times
- Answer phone calls from commercial clients, take details and log service calls on our Fresh Desk ticketing system
- Answer phone calls from consumer clients, offer advice over the phone or request they bring faulty equipment to our repair centre for assessment
- Meet & greet walk-in clients to our computer repair store. Book in customer equipment for repair following our assessment procedure
- As agreed with the customer and/or your supervisor carry out appropriate repair, update and or modification to customer equipment using your skills and knowledge combined with the facilities, resources and tools available
- Test that repair, update or modification has been effective and update the customer. – Where not possible recommend alternative action
- Contact the customer to keep them updated always
- Monitor shop stock of new and used items for sale. In agreement with your supervisor, arrange replacement stock where required
- Procurement of parts where required
- Monitor and ensure suitable stock levels of commonly used spare parts are kept. For example, iPad spares, iPhone spares, hard disks, Windows software
- Build, repair, set up and update new and used desktop PCs and laptops in the workshop as agreed with or instructed by customer and or supervisor using skills and knowledge
- Use our social media (Facebook) to post updates and information about our work and services
- Occasionally you may be required to attend site or customer’s premises accompanied with another member of staff
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake any other task within your scope of knowhow and capability
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Confidence and ability to deal with customers over the phone and face to face
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, software and mobile devices such as phones and tablets
- Ability to use initiative, take notes and details (where appropriate) and communicate effectively with other members of the team and customers
- Reliable, punctual and be well presented (uniform will be provided)
- Strong work ethic
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
30-minute lunch. 15 min morning & 15 min afternoon break,
35 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
Starting salary is £4.00 an hour with scope for review as you progress and develop within the company.
Benefits / Future prospects:
- On the job training will be provided by expert IT professionals, in addition to apprenticeship training
- Uniform provided
- A permanent opportunity is certainly available for the right candidate after the apprenticeship with other opportunities for continued personal development
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV