Apprentice IT Technician – Brighton (BN1) – 16211
This listing has expired
At Hero IT Support, you will be working in a fast-paced and fun office environment. We work with our clients to make technology work for them. We do this by offering a complete range of business technology services from Office 365, Cloud Integrations, Online Backup, Managed Services, Full IT Outsourcing, Website Design, Broadband, VoIP Services and much more!
Our aim at Hero IT Support is to build a company that is a challenging, rewarding and fun place to work. Where people come first and every member of the team is committed to a common purpose. We welcome people who are comfortable introducing new practices or process improvements to our workflow, and do everything we can to facilitate knowledge sharing throughout our team. In return, the company will provide a clear strategic direction and rewarding and fun working environment.
Job overview / purpose
Hero IT Support is currently seeking 2 ambitious IT Technician Apprentices to join the team in Brighton.
An excellent opportunity has arisen with Hero IT Support for 2 highly motivated individuals to join our friendly team working in our IT support department.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide support to our business clients by logging support calls and providing technical support.
- Provide first line support on all technology services and products, telephone, computer hardware, applications and peripherals, maintaining and repairing where necessary
- Provide on-site technical support to all our customers
- Performs administrative tasks such as logging time, updating work orders, updating knowledgebase, providing status reports etc.
- Analyse IT requirements within companies and give independent and objective advice on the use of IT
- Investigating faults and providing solutions for computer hardware/software problems, and to liaise with third party suppliers to identify faults and subsequently ensure that the problem is solved
- To assist in the initialisation and installation of computer or technology hardware and software
- Perform common system administration tasks on customer site – e.g. add a new user, add a new PC to a network
- To escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member
- Following and create company procures and guidelines for internal and external use
- Excellent communication skills (telephone and face-to-face), suitable for meeting with customers from all levels of an organisation, are essential
- Excellent standard of numeracy and literacy (email and letter correspondence)
- Commercial awareness is expected – knowing how to spot opportunities and pass them to account management for handling – as is a customer focused mind-set, and a desire to ensure that the customer is happy with all work carried out
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to succeed
Starting Technical Competencies
- Basic understanding of Windows operating system
- Basic understanding of computer hardware
- Basic understanding of networking
- Basic understanding of office software such as MS Office
Minimum 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
40hrs per week,
5 days per week, [hours will be confirmed with the employer]
£4.50 per hour / £180 per week
Benefits / Future prospects
- Westfield Health rewards
- Funded training options
- Great team with regular socials
- Ping pong and office marbles including a trophy (If you can win it!)
- Fully air-conditioned offices
- On-site parking
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV