Apprentice IT Technician – Colchester (CO1) – 16751
This listing has expired
UKGC is a small but rapidly growing UK company that build gaming and custom PCs to the highest possible standard. Based in Colchester, Essex, we assemble, research and test some of the best gaming PCs on the planet and then ship them all over the UK.
UK Gaming Computers mainly sells custom-built computers to the public and businesses through the website or over the phone. We also undertake bespoke projects which range from simple bespoke customisation such as custom paint work, airbrushing or even carbon fibre wrapping, right up to building PCs in and around requested items such as Commodore Amiga’s and coffee tables! When we are not building your perfect PC we are trying out and testing the latest products on the market, which in turn allows us to introduce new items to the website.
We don’t just sell computers; we also upgrade and repair them. Our upgrade and repair service is available to anyone even if the computer was not brought from ourselves. It a similar kind of setup to a local computer shop but available on a national scale rather than just the local area.
Job overview / purpose:
The company requires a proactive IT Support Apprentice with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
This role will initially be involved in the logging and provision of 1st, 2nd and 3rd line IT support (depending on skillset), telephone and field support to internal and external customers and to ensure that targets and SLAs are met.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
As an IT support apprentice, you main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Learn how to provide technical support to marketing channels and activities
- Assist in customer projects and support activities as skills allow
- Gain on the job experience and be able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship
- Learn how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming Helpdesk emails
- Manage the Helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales
- Work on resolving the first line support where capable, and work with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues
- Update company systems
You will be required to assist in projects or other technical services when needed, to provide research and analysis for new services when requested, to provide recommendations, to build/install PCs and configure other hardware/software, to liaise with third party suppliers and to set up email and user accounts.
Some kind of history in IT would be advantageous as too would have built a PC in the past. Ideally a PC enthusiast.
Requirements as a person
- Good, proven, communication skills both on the telephone, and face to face
- Able to communicate clearly and succinctly in writing
- Motivated to provide good customer service
- Able to work within a team, to work to dead-lines, and report accurately on progress with tasks
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
37.5 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£3.80 – £5.80 per hour
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV