Apprentice Java Software Developer
This listing has expired
Legal & General one of the UK’s leading financial services company based in the heart of Hove.
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer.
We recognise and reward success, investing in the development and wellbeing of our employees. We strive to be a vibrant business that values inclusiveness and embraces difference, where our people are engaged and empowered to deliver outstanding results.
A fantastic opportunity to learn to write, build and test the Java programming language or alternative JVM language. Excellent training opportunity to learn and be supported by experienced Java developers.
- Successfully complete all modules, project work and case studies of the Software Developer Apprenticeship Programme
- Learn to write, build and test software using the Java programming language or alternative JVM programming languages
- Supporting the Senior/Lead Developer to handle the day to day troubleshooting, code writing and application developments
- Work as part of a software development team contributing to any software releases and working to timescales
- Be active in developer team meetings to keep colleagues informed and to create a forum for knowledge sharing
- Provide effective updates and communication by continuously collaborating with Senior Developers, Testers and Business users to support smooth delivery of development activities.
Ensure all code/solutions developed have our customer at their core and align with L&G’s commitment to Treating Customers Fairly
7 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths & English
A-Levels would be preferred but not essential
PLEASE NOTE: The start date for this apprenticeship is April 2019
Duration: 13-15 Months
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Desirable Skills and Personal Qualities:
You must be;
- Self-disciplined, reliable and responsible
- Strong analytical and logical thinking
- Attention to detail
- An enthusiastic learner
- Genuine interest in software development
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Eye care vouchers, gym discounts, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, give as you earn and much more
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
REGISTER YOUR CV