Apprentice Junior Project Manager – London (EC1M) – 15759
This listing has expired
Hi, we’re Rufus Leonard. We are an independently owned brand experience agency.
As Brand Experience Engineers, our mission is to create transformational brand experiences for some of the UK’s leading brands including Lloyds Banking Group, British Gas, BBC, Macmillan, the AA, British Red Cross, Royal Mail and Aviva.
Most recently, we’ve been named The Drum’s #1 Elite agency for design and its #4 Elite agency for digital 2016, and in The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies.
Our specialities include:
Brand, digital, content, service, design, data, consultancy and innovation.
The role of the Junior Service Project Manager is to work as a hands-on project manager within our Service Delivery team. Our service team provide ongoing support to our tech clients to deliver a valued and trusted set of services to continually improve their business and digital platforms.
You will be responsible for the management of the full life cycle of service client desk and projects from our Service Delivery Offer. This includes the planning and monitoring of all change requests and small projects received through our Client service desk; to gather requirements, plan and deliver to agreed budgets and with appropriate methodologies, to successful completion. The types of clients would include Aggreko, Massey Ferguson, Rio Tinto, London Business School, Henderson, Glory Global, Stage Coach, The Gym Group and The Royal Voluntary Service.
The role will require working and liaising with clients, Internal Rufus staff (technical and account teams) and support personnel to ensure the development, design, and systems integration across multiple client engagements from definition phase through implementation. This will be done initially by dealing with change & project requests in a timely manner, which may be out of Rufus Leonard’s standard office hours.
Starting a project
- Take briefs and create proposals including estimating time/costs for small/medium sized projects (4K to 10K) and make recommendations to the tech delivery team
- Produce project plans, establish and schedule resources
Running a project
- Learn and Manage budget sheets, billing, debt chasing, WIP reviews, POs and income projections (financial forecasts) for all projects
- Track the project (status sheets) and finances and ensure that the scope is constantly reviewed and understood by all parties
- Proof read check copy / documents – all key documentation should be approved by a resource head, Client Partner or Account Director
- Deliver weekly communication e-mails to all service clients detailing work delivered and budgetary information
- Produce Monthly Service Reports for all service clients
- Organise, chair and minute meetings, and produce timely contact report. Initially this will be quarterly service review meetings whilst working toward creating and making presentations to the clients
- Be an escalation point for clients using the service desk
- Liaise with clients and suppliers
- Good verbal and written communicator, able to deal clearly and professionally with clients and internal project teams
- Excellent organisational skills, with an eye for detail, able to work efficiently with project management processes such as scheduling, costing and billing
- Able to successfully prioritise and manage different and often conflicting support requests simultaneously
- Excellent numeric skills, ability to work with accounting systems and use spreadsheets with confidence
- To follow and advocate established Rufus ways of working and processes to ensure quality of delivery
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills ideally MS Project or willing to learn
- Assisting in every day client support requests and managing against Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) by liaising with support personnel by booking the necessary resource through the dedicated resource administrator. This requires a degree of ‘fire fighting’ and initiative to deal with against SLA’s and client expectations
- Ability to run multiple projects across multiple accounts
- Willingness to learn both technical queries and communicate with business users
- Be able to respond and deal with a wide breadth of problems
- Able to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Jira or willingness to learn
- Any A Level or a Level 3 in a similar subject
- Or holds an existing project management qualification
Monday to Friday,
£16,000-£18,000 per annum
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV