Apprentice Kitchen Assistant jvid=15599
This listing has expired
Apprentice Kitchen Assistant
– Preparation of food items in compliance with standard recipes.
– Maintain and record temperature control of food items throughout the holding, cooking and serving process.
– Correct storage and rotation of all food items.
– Report defects or maintenance faults to kitchen supervisory team.
– Keep working areas and surfaces clean and tidy.
– Methods of cooking and presentation are used to maintain the highest standards of production and service.
– Follow health and safety policy and procedures and be aware of individual responsibilities under legislation.
– Undertake personal development and/or refresher training as necessary to maintain up-to-date skills and knowledge
– Maintain high standards of personal and general food hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen and associated areas.
No. of positions
30 hours a week varied shifts
Welbourn Hall Nursing Home
Application submitted date
Application closing date
Anticipated job start date
You will become a permanent member of the team and may progress onto a level 3 training programme
You must be able to work in a busy environment and take instruction. You must have a good basic knowledge of general hygiene and pay attention to the detail of a task
You must have a general interest in food and cooking. The right candidate will be wanting to start a career as a chef and happy to take on hard work
Your shifts could be across days, evenings or weekends.
You will complete a level 2 apprenticeship in food production and cooking. This will be delivered by a vocational learning advisor over 12 months with visits to the work place every 4- 6 weeks
REGISTER YOUR CV