Apprentice kitchen assistant jvid=15600
This listing has expired
Apprentice kitchen assistant
This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to train with an Award Winning Provider whilst working at The Dog Inn. The successful candidate will be provided with full training and will be working with fresh ingredients.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in food preparation, cleaning, and washing up alongside the other team members. They will also be involved in service and be responsible for that section. To begin with they will be predominantly working on starters and desserts, however with time we would like to be able to train them on mains.
Duties would include:• Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
• Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
• Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
• Prepare cold foods.
• Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
• Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
• Monitor food quality while preparing food.
• Set-up and break down work station.
• Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles.
• Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
• Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
• Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
• Complete safety training and certifications.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional
•Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
•Protect company assets.
• Speak with others using clear and professional language.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
• Support the team to reach common goals.
• Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
• Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
No. of positions
min 30 hours a week varied shfits
Sweets Dreams Ltd
Application submitted date
Application closing date
Anticipated job start date
The prospect of becoming a permanent team member within the kitchen.
Effective communication skills, Good Customer Service skills, a team worker and be enthusiastic and wanting to learn
Must have the ability to multi task and be committed to working towards their Apprenticeship. Must have a good work ethic and be prepared to be flexible
A decent level of maths and English, will be exempt from Functional Skills tests if can produce GCSE certificates of C or above
Can be quite a busy environment, if assisting with weddings may be required to work later on Saturday afternoons
American diner style – In the town centre close to public transport This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. You will be contacted shortly by your Apprentice Recruitment Advisor to discuss your application for this Apprenticeship; if they can’t get hold of you they will text you their contact details.
REGISTER YOUR CV