Apprentice Mechanical Fitter
Apprentice Mechanical Fitter 30380
About this opportunity
This is an exciting new position to train as a mechanical engineering apprentice. You will undertake a structured training program of academic study and gain the required skills and knowledge to support a world-leading manufacturer.
A normal day would include:
•Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff
•Assembling and testing products from verbal instructions and drawings to a high degree of precision
•Maintaining workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair
•Maintaining a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned
•Ensuring general good housekeeping of the workplace
•Performing any other duties appropriate general duties required to support other areas of the business
To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills to enable yearly progression leading to the award of a suitable NVQ level 3 qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
What you could go on to do:
Possible progression within the company or onto the next level apprenticeship.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Grwoth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
• Minimum 3 GCSE’s (A-C) including Maths and English
• An Engineering qualification would be an advantage
• A helpful and friendly approach
• A good sense of humour
• Dedicated and committed
• Attention to detail & pride in their work
• The ability to communicate well with others
• The ability to listen to and learn from other members of the company
• Good time management skills
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
REGISTER YOUR CV