Apprentice Network Connectivity Engineer – MANCHESTER (M15) – 16755
This listing has expired
This is a company dedicated to delivering an exceptional service to our customers, but firstly we are dedicated to you, our staff.
Without you, our achievements would not be possible.
You deliver an extraordinary service to our customers and we deliver an extraordinary service to you. We give you the platform on which you can grow your career and have fun while doing it.
Job overview / purpose:
Currently seeking an ambitions individual with a passion for IT to work on a 2nd/3rd line team for a dynamic IT company based in Manchester.
The ideal candidate will have a “can do” attitude, excellent IT skills and a great understanding of Network Topology.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
To provide specialist support to M247 customers across a portfolio of high-end managed connectivity products on the service desk taking incoming calls, online tickets and emails from our managed connectivity solutions customers to include:
- Managed shared and dedicated firewalls (Fortinet)
- Radio / Wireless
Other duties include:
- Working as part of a team to deliver internal and customer SLAs
- Concentrating on our connectivity solutions customers, pro-actively undertake fault trend analysis in relation to our in-life services to ensure they remain fit for purpose and adequately meet client needs
- Provide a specialist dedicated escalation route for issues experienced by our customer base
- Offer ad-hoc and formal support across the service desk to ensure that technical skills are shared with colleagues to assist in providing exceptional customer experience to our customers
- In the event of a major service outage, to liaise with all relevant departments and undertake emergency fault diagnostics to resolution
- Assist customers with change requests and addition of new services and their configuration
- Proactively monitor the connectivity solutions to ensure events are captured and resolved prior to them becoming an incident
- Assisting customers with difficult fault related problems, suggest immediate action to limit damage and to provide restoration of services
- Perform platform migrations where required
- Experience managing and debugging connectivity solutions provided over DSL/FTTC and Fibre
- Good understanding of BGP,VRFs, HSRP
- Ability to create and support VPNs
- Knowledge of Fortinet firewall products and their configuration and support
- To be flexible and responsible, with keen customer focus
- Understanding of what good customer service is and how to deliver it
- A commitment to continuous self-improvement, a good communicator that works well with others, striving to provide the best possible service and act as a trusted adviser to our customers
- Excellent planning and problem solving, with clear decision making
Desired qualification requirements:
- Qualification/certification to CCNA and NSE 4
- Experience in DNS and IP
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
40 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£23,000 – £25,000 per annum
- 24 days holiday
- Reimbursement of reasonable expenses for training days
- Automatic enrolment into pension scheme
- Flexibility where required
- Access to onsite parking (limited spaces)
- Close proximity to Manchester City Centre
- Social events
- Pizza Friday at months end
- Dress down Friday
- Games room
- Free tea/coffee
- Kitchen facilities
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV