Apprentice Nursery Assistant
This listing has expired
Here at Langley Gorse we have a great partnership with parents – working closely to ensure that we are meeting their individual needs. I strongly believe in creating warm, caring and friendly environments, where children and their families feel cared for, valued and loved – and where they can genuinely feel at home. As children’s primary educators, the relationships we build with parents are as important as the relationships we build with our children. These relationships create a ‘home from home’ atmosphere and help children to feel safe and secure, leaving them free to immerse themselves in play.
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Apprentice Nursery assistant in the Sutton Coldfield area of the West Midlands for Langley Gorse Nursery.
An opportunity has arisen with an employer in the Sutton Coldfield area for an Apprenticeship position in Childcare. The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to. Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other Key Responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play
- Completing development records for the children
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare. This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
A -C grades in Maths and English at GCSE level or equivalent
- Good literacy and numeracy
- Outgoing personality
- Great if able to work on own initiative
- Commitment to a pathway of learning within a vocational setting
- Willingness to work within a team
- Mature and confident attitude with an interest in Childcare
- Flexible with working hours