Apprentice Nursery Assistant VAC-34174
This listing has expired
Successful candidates will develop experience in all areas of day to day nursery life and a sound knowledge of current good childcare practice in order to start a fulfilling career in childcare.
You will work alongside qualified staff across all areas of the nursery age range (0-5 years) to develop your practical skills in caring for young children under the overall guidance of the Nursery Manager and a mentor within the setting.
Your responsibilities will include supporting children in play and learning activities, everyday care routines such as meal and sleep times, enhancing the environment with displays of children’s work, observing and record keeping of children’s development and planning to meet their individual needs supported by establishing positive relationships with parents and carers.
To provide high quality care and education for under 5’s by:
• Learn the planning cycle and begin to contribute to curriculum plans
• Carry out planned activities with small groups of children, supported by the room leader
• Follow nursery routines and activities, offering attention and support to all children
• Contributes observations to children’s development on tapestry
• Have a small amount of key children and be responsible for tracking their development, with guidance from supervisor
• Prepares displays, ensuring they stimulate vocal and receptive responses
• Actively promotes each child’s self esteem
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 41.25 hours per week
Weekly Wage : £154.69
Application Deadline: 18-06-2018
Possible Start Date : 25-06-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV