Apprentice Nursery Assistant VAC-37000
This listing has expired
Purpose of POST:
1. To be trained to undertake same responsibilities as a Nursery Nurse or Nursery Assistant. contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children attending the Nursery
2. To contribute to a high quality environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual interaction and group activities.
Key Areas of Work:
1. To work with the children
2. To attend training
3. To complete all assignments set
4. To be part of a team
5. To attend associated training
6. To liaise with mentor
Nursery Manager/Deputy/Mentor/ Senior Nursery Nurse
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Completing assignments on time and attending meetings with training provider.
2. To attend team meetings and inputting ideas.
3. Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
4. To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
5. To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery.
6. To be aware of the Nursery’s confidentiality policy.
7. To ensure the Nursery is a high quality environment meeting the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and varying stages of development.
8. To be aware of the high profile of the Nursery and to uphold high standards at all times.
9. To actively promote and support the Safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace.
1. Support all staff and communicate positively promoting effective team work.
2. To attend ALL out of work hours activities e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party etc.
1. Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the Nursery.
2. To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the trainee’s senior Nursery Nurse.
3. The trainees duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the Nursery’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
4. Look upon the Nursery as a “whole” where your help can be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of the children.
5. To respect the confidentiality of information received.
6. To ensure the Nursery is a high quality environment which meets the needs of individual children from differing cultures, religious backgrounds and stages of development using the most current curriculum guidance.
7. To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
8. To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures.
9. To understand that as part of training you will be required to move to other parts of the Nursery.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 40 hours Monday – Friday
Weekly Wage : £148.00
Application Deadline: 08-10-2018
Possible Start Date : 15-10-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV