Apprentice Nursery Assistant
This listing has expired
The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Meeting and greeting parents and children at the nursery
- Making sure all children are safe and treated equally
- Participating in activities with the children eg reading, numeracy, literacy activities
- Communicate with parents/families to help to encourage the child
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Assisting at snack and mealtimes
- Outdoor play
- General administration
Requirements and prospects
- Customer service skills
- Team working skills
- Basic knowledge of safeguarding and health and safety
- Listening skills
- Mature attitude
- Keen to succeed
- Passionate about working with Children
- Understanding of children’s needs
Grade A/C 4 – 9 grade GCSE’s in maths and English
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
This could include;
- The opportunity of a permanent position within the business.
- The opportunity to progress on to an Advanced Early Years Educator apprenticeship programme with Interserve Learning and Employment.
About the employer
Treetops Day Nursery is housed in a beautiful Victorian property set within picturesque gardens providing ample play space, including all weather grass and soft play areas outside. In addition to this we also offer a large indoor play facility.
The stimulating environment is not just provided internally; our outdoor areas present age-appropriate equipment such as trampolines, climbing frames and slides to develop gross motor skills while the children run around happily, rain or shine, on our all-weather surfaces.
Each child placed within a Cornerstone nursery is assigned a keyworker to ensure a personal service is delivered to both child and parent. Care sheets, detailing the child’s day, are sent home on a daily basis and observations and development records are freely shared.
We are aware that diet is a concern for many parents and so we provide a menu that boasts an extremely high fresh fruit and vegetable content.
Treetops Day Nursery
- Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Tree Top Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
- If successful, you will complete an Children and Young People’s Workforce apprenticeship programme delivered through Tree Top Nursery’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.
- Level 2 Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional skills in English and maths if required
Children and Young People’s Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV