Apprentice Nursery Assistant
This listing has expired
YMCA Trinity Group offer services and support to young lives and their families in the wider Suffolk community and to enable them to realise their full potential.
They provide supported housing, youth work and YMCA childcare to young people across, Suffolk Cambridgeshire and into Northamptonshire. They are looking to take on an apprentice to join their childcare team in Lowestoft, from Monday to Friday 8am- 4pm.
- Assist the nursery in securing and sustaining OFSTED registration.
- Plan and deliver a suitable learning programme in line with the EYFS that offers a wide range of learning experiences and act as a keyworker for a group of children
- Be responsible for maintaining effective communication and encouraging and developing a team environment
- Ensure all daily routines are adhered to
- Liaise and support parents and carers, ensuring they are well informed of their child’s progress
- Promote cooperative working and networking between YMCA Trinity Group Childcare settings.
- Provide efficient administration, collect required data and maintain appropriate and relevant records as required by regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that risk assessments are completed as necessary for activities, equipment and environment.
- Support the induction of staff, students and volunteers.
The successful candidate:
- Must have a mature attitude, be polite and a team player
- Previous experience working or being with children
- Will have a naturally kind and caring attitude
- Ideally will have GCSE Maths and English grade 4 / C or equivalent
- Willing to work towards a level 2 Childcare qualification
To apply all you need to do is click Find out more and make sure your CV is attached and you include a brief cover letter that explains why you’re interested in this role and why you are the ideal candidate,
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly. If you have any questions or would like some information about this or any other apprenticeships advertised here please get in touch with David Miller on 0207 343 1755 or David.Miller@ymca.co.uk
REGISTER YOUR CV