Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Apprentice Nursery Assistant VAC-43113
Each nursery is led by an experienced manager and supported by a skilled team including a Deputy Manager, Group Seniors, Nursery Practitioners and a Cook. Additional support from our Head Office team means that every aspect from the initial parent enquiry through to the child’s transition to school is carefully and appropriately administrated to give you extra peace of mind that you are in very capable hands.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Provide the highest quality of care, safety and education for children attending the nursery.
• Comply with and maintain the company policies, health and safety standards of the nursery and Ofsted legislation.
• Be aware of all safeguarding issues and procedures along with the reporting of any safeguarding concerns.
• Ensure the nursery offers an environment which reflects the diversity of all families.
• Ensure the children’s individual needs are identified and are being met at all times, including their medical/dietary/health and hygiene requirements are fully understood and adhered to.
• Work closely with and communicate to your Senior Nursery Practitioner. Inform them when children appear unwell or have had an accident.
• Uphold and maintain confidentiality and security at all times.
• Build a good professional relationship with families, children, staff and outside agencies, ensuring communication is upheld at all times.
• Use empathy when dealing with situations and concerns and follow company procedures, informing the Officer in Charge when these are communicated to you.
• Work in a team, supporting and communicating children’s development and next steps, along with preparing activities in an enabling, learning environment and through play.
• Work to a flexible daily routine and ensure all daily records and nursery systems are kept up to date, including those that identify children’s development.
• Encourage the independence of children, supervise at all times and be aware of all Health & Safety aspects of the role.
• Keep the nursery clean and ensure resources are stored in an appropriate place.
• Use empathy and promote positive behaviour at all times.
• Participate in meetings on a regular basis in order to monitor the progress of the children and discuss future plans, projects etc.
• Support fellow colleagues in their Key Person role when meeting with families to discuss their child’s progress, development and be enthusiastic to answer any questions they may have.
• Play an active part in the promotion of the company, including potential parent visits & Open Days. Ensuring the nursery retains a positive profile and maintains links with the local community.
• The post holder may be required to work across a range of settings and attend training when necessary.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive or restrictive, changes and other duties relevant to this post may be added. This job description may be reviewed in the future.
Location: Stratford Upon Avon
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 40 hrs Per Week
Weekly Wage : £148.00
Application Deadline: 25-03-2019
Possible Start Date : 01-04-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV