APPRENTICE NURSERY ASSISTANT 31241
This listing has expired
About this opportunity
This is a great opportunity to start a career in Childcare as an Apprentice Nursery Assistant with Tiddlywinks Day Nursery based in Clayton.
A normal day would include:
• To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery
• To give support to other personnel within the Nursery
• To assist in the implementation of the daily routine in the base room
• To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff
• To keep an accurate record of achievement file on your key children, for parents
• Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
• Liaise with and support parents and other family members
• To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent’s evenings summer fayre, Christmas party, etc
• To be flexible within working practices of Nursery
• Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. cleansing of equipment etc
• Staff are responsible for their own rooms, so you are required to keep your room clean and tidy.
• To be aware of the babies and children’s specific dietary requirements.
What you could go on to do
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
Good level of Maths & English
• Caring personality
• Enthusiastic about working with Children
• Calming nature
• Excellent timekeeper
• Good team player
• Team Work – Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
• Good Communication skills
• Ability to communicate well with adults and children
• Ability to write legibly and good presentation skills
• Computer literate
• Good organisational skills
• Demonstrate Creative ability
• Able to keep confidentiality
REGISTER YOUR CV