Apprentice Nursery Assistant – Home For Home Day Nursery – Level 2 Childcare Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
In 2001 with this in mind we set out to create an independently run nursery setting where all children, parents and staff could feel the true sense of a “home from home. “The nursery is set within a spacious and charismatic detached Victorian house on leafy New Church Road in Hove and only a pebble’s throw from the beach. Our warm and comforting colour scheme, natural wooden furniture, large spacious rooms and beautiful 100 foot private garden ensure the children benefit from a familiar, fun and relaxing environment. Free movement between rooms is central to our ethos. The garden with lawn, wood chip, decking, scientific area, fruit trees, children’s allotment and hideaway is treated as an extension to the house, where the children are free to explore, learn and play.
Your hours of work will be Monday to Friday (35 hours per week) over various shifts between 9am – 5pm and you will be given dedicated support from your YMCA Tutor to achieve your Level 2 Childcare Apprenticeship qualification
- Understand each child as an individual and have general understanding of childcare and child development
- Observe and identify good practice within the setting, using this as inspiration and a model for good practice.
- Share thoughts and ideas with senior member of staff asking permission and support if outside your usual role expectation.
- Be a reliable member of the team, working co-operatively and with flexibility
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements, looking for progression and continuity.
- Develop communications with parents/guardians, encouraging them to participate in their child’s progress and development
- Play with the children during freeplay and show good interactive skills in order to build relationships
- Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of children, following the guidelines for the implementation of ‘Early Learning Goals’ and the Foundation Stage Curriculum document, or the Birth to Three Matters Framework
- Assist with the creation of a stimulating and attractive Nursery environment
- Attend parent meetings and assist with the promotion of the nursery, as required
The successful candidate:
- Must have a mature attitude, be polite and a team player
- Some experience working or being around children
- Will have a naturally kind and caring attitude
- Ideally will have GCSE Maths and English grade A-E or equivalent
To apply all you need to do is click Find out more and make sure your CV is attached and you include a brief cover letter that explains why you’re interested in this role and why you make the best person for the job!
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly. If you have any questions or would like some information about this or any other apprenticeships advertised here please get in touch with David Miller on 0207 343 1755.
REGISTER YOUR CV