Apprentice Nursery Nurse
This listing has expired
The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- General housekeeping duties as and when required.
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment.
- Keeping all notice boards up to date.
- Plan and set up activities within the nursery setting.
- Complete daily handovers with colleagues and parents.
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures.
- Adhere to all safeguarding procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety
- Basic knowledge of safeguarding.
- Team working skills.
- Passionate about a career within childcare.
- Willing to learn and develop.
- No formal qualifications are required for this role, although A/C 4/9 grade GCSEs in maths and English or equivalent would be a distinct advantage.
Upon completion of your Apprenticeship, there is the possibility of progressing within the company.
This could include:
- The opportunity of permanent employment at Little Foxes.
- The opportunity to progress onto an Advanced Early Years Educator apprenticeship programme with Interserve Learning and Employment.
Things to consider
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.
About the employer
Little Foxes was registered with the current owners on 04/10/2004. Here at Little Foxes Nursery our philosophy towards day care is centred on the principle that each child is an individual, who brings to nursery unique life experiences that have shaped the child into the person they are today. At Little Foxes we are committed to provide an environment for the child that is welcoming, safe, stimulating and challenging. We strive to create an atmosphere of working in partnership with parents and carers so that the children are happy to attend nursery and parents feel confident about leaving their child in our care. Our aims are to provide a caring, secure environment in which every child is valued as an individual. Offer a quality of experience to further the round development of each child.
Additional location information
Little foxes was established and registered in 1999 by Mr & Mrs Brown (owners), housed in an end terrace that has been adapted to suit the children’s needs. At the side of the nursery there is a large garden area, one side of the garden and there is also a pram storage unit for parents/carers to store prams and car seats to prevent any weather damage. On the soft play area, there is a boat and a car to one side of the garden and a large sand pit which is available all through the year as there is a roof over the top. There is also an all-weather grass area for the children to use all year round, located around the garden are small benches for the children to sit with their friends and we also have a picnic bench giving the children the opportunity to have lunch and snack in the outdoor area. There is also a water feature installed which has a water butt next it to ensure the children have constant water to use throughout the activity. Within the house on the lower level the baby room is located, which has patio doors leading onto a decking area. The decking area has a fence enclosure and a sheltered sandpit at one end, which enables the under 2’s to also have free flow play from indoors to the outdoors without being harmed by the older children. The babies decking has had a canopy installed to ensure that the babies have shade in the summer and shelter in the winter ensuring that babies are able to free flow throughout the year. On first level, there are two rooms accommodating all the different areas of learning across the two rooms.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Little Foxes Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete an Intermediate Children and Young People’s Workforce apprenticeship programme delivered through Little Foxes Nursery’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.
Functional skills in English and maths if required
Children and Young People’s Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV