Apprentice Nursery Nurse
This listing has expired
The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Meet and greeting parents and children at the nursery
- Completing handovers with parents, guardians and colleagues
- Assist at snack and meal times
- Setting up classrooms for the day’s activities
- Supervising activities
- General housekeeping of the nursery
- Ensuring that all safeguarding procedures are followed at all times
- Ensuring all health and safety procedures are followed at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Basic knowledge of safeguarding
- Basic knowledge of health and safety
- Customer service skills
- Team working skills
- Passionate about a career within Childcare
- Keen to learn and develop
- Cheerful demeanour
- Highly motivated
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English would be a distinct advantage
- Level 2 qualification within Childcare (or equivalent) is required for this role
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company. This could include the opportunity of a permanent position within the business.
Things to consider
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.
About the employer
We are situated on Garratt way in Gorton. Merry Kidz Day Nursery is within easy reach of Manchester city centre and is also conveniently situated close to the A57 Hyde road which is located approximately 100m south of the Nursery. Car park facilities consist of 15 spaces designed to provide suitable access on and off the main routes.
The Nursery operates within a two storey building with separate rooms for 0-1 year, 1-2 years, 2-3 years & 3-5 years. We also operate a Before and After School Club which includes transport to & from local schools, using approved vehicles, accompanied by Nursery staff who are known at each school. At Merry Kidz we aim to provide an environment in which each person is respected and encouraged to develop through a range of experiences.
The fundamental philosophy of the Nursery is that “We support children to reach for the stars”. At every stage of a child’s development their individual needs are met under the guidance of dedicated staff who are supported by an experienced management team and through these combined efforts Merry Kidz aims to fulfil its commitment to provide a safe, secure, and stimulating environment for children.
Merry Kidz Childcare Ltd
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Merry Kidz Day Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship programme is delivered through Merry Kidz Day Nursery dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.
Functional skills in English and maths if required.
Children and Young People’s Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV