Apprentice Nursery Nurse
This listing has expired
The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
- Roles and responsibilities include:
- Meeting and greeting parents and children at the nursery
- Making sure all children are safe and treated equally
- Participating in activities with the children eg reading, numeracy, literacy activities
- Communicate with parents/families to help to encourage the child
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Assisting at snack and mealtimes
- Outdoor play
- Safeguarding of the children within the nursery
- General housekeeping of the nursery
- General administration tasks as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with children
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to build relationships with children and parents.
- Keen to learn
- No formal qualifications are required for this role, although 3/9 A/D grade GCSE’s or equivalents in maths and English would be a distinct advantage
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Alphabet House Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete an Early Years Educator apprenticeship programme delivered through Alphabet House Nursery’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment
Things to consider
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS check.
About the employer
The aim in each of our nurseries is to provide quality care and learning in an atmosphere of happiness, warmth and structure. The following represents an outline of our intentions:
- To provide a warm, loving environment for the child
- To teach the child basic learning skills
- To develop co-ordination and exterity
- To make learning stimulating and fun through play
- To develop the child’s social skills
Learning skills are taught appropriate to each child’s level of development and kindness, respect for one another, manners and good behaviour are encouraged at all times. Each day is structured to offer a variety of learning environments, such as painting, drawing, modelling, music and movements, and other planned activities.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Alphabet House Day Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
- If successful, you will complete a Level 2 Children and Young People’s Workforce apprenticeship programme delivered through Alphabet House Day Nursery’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
Children and Young People’s Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV