Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
This listing has expired
As an apprentice at Little Acorns, your main responsibilities will include:
- deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children at Little Acorns
- be actively involved in the child’s development and care
- engage in a professional manner with parents/carers
- engage with your colleagues in a professional manner
- complete all academic aspects of your apprenticeship
- ensure the nursery and rooms you work in are safe and secure for children
Main roles and responsibilities:
- understand and practice the nursery’s policies and procedures, including safeguarding processes and behaviour management
- provide a safe, caring, and stimulating learning environment both indoors and outdoors at all times
- assist in delivering the Early Years Foundation stage (EYFS) curriculum
- assist in the planning of the room’s activities and support every child in working towards their next steps
- keep all rooms organised and to a high standard of cleanliness
- respond and report all incidents in a timely manner to your manager
- assist the nursery to meet OFSTED requirements
- assist the nursery in working towards continuous improvements for OFSTED and other business objectives
- any other duties as determined by the nursery manager
Requirements and prospects
- customer service skills
- team working skills
- written and verbal communication skills
- hard working and reliable
- willing to learn
- keen to succeed
4 – 9 (A*-C) grade GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths would be a distinct advantage.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
This could include:
- the opportunity of a permanent position within the business
- the opportunity to progress on to an Higher Level apprenticeship programme with Interserve Learning and Employment
Things to consider
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS check.
About the employer
At Little Acorns you can be assured that the nursery care that we deliver is of the finest quality and we will work closely with you to meet your needs. We provide care for children from 3 months to 5 years.
Little Acorns Nursery School is a private day nursery school registered for 40 children, offering a full range of facilities and activities.
The nursery has been designed as an open plan structure, that offers large spacious areas for babies, toddlers, and preschool children .
The nursery has been renovated and refurbished and offers extensive indoor and outdoor facilities and boasts a separate dining area. There is ample, off-road parking space allowing easy drop off and collection for parents.
Little Acorns is fully committed to following OFSTED and the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and at the last inspection we achieved a Good outcome for the quality and standards of the early year’s provision and outcomes achieved for all children. We are now working towards achieving outstanding at our next inspection.
The EYFS document is from birth to five years and encourages practitioners to follow and plan for children’s interests through their play. Please feel free to talk to the nursery staff about this framework.
Little Acorns Nursery School
Level 2 Children and Young People’s Workforce
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Little Acorns Nursery School will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete an Intermediate Children and Young People’s Workforce apprenticeship programme delivered through Little Acorns Nursery School’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning and Employment.
Children and Young People’s Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV