Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
This listing has expired
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Meeting and greeting parents and children at the nursery.
- Making sure all children are safe and treated equally.
- Participating in activities with the children eg reading, numeracy, literacy activities.
- Communicate with parents/families to help to encourage the child.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- Assisting at snack and mealtimes.
- Outdoor play.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills.
- Listening skills
- Customer service skills
- Teamworking skills
- Some knowledge of safeguarding
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Willing to learn
- Keen to succeed
- Smart and professional at all times
- Can do attitude
- GCSE Grades 4 – 9 in maths and English or equivalent.
- Upon completion of the Intermediate CYPW apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
Things to consider
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.
About the employer
Opened in 2007 and rated GOOD by Ofsted, Hoylake is registered for 62 children. Ducklings in Hoylake provides the highest quality care and education and boasts a dedicated baby house and multi sensory room.
At Ducklings our mission is simple, we aim to provide the very best experience we can for children and their carers.
Each child at Ducklings is unique and care is tailored to their individual needs. A key person is assigned to each child and they make it their mission to get to know each child, their family situation, their likes and dislikes so that they can assure every opportunity to help that child feel happy, safe and valued is taken. From this starting point and by careful observation, activities and learning opportunities can be planned to ensure each child achieves their full potential
Parents and carers are, of course, the most important people in a child’s life and at Ducklings we value your input and cooperation in making the most of your child’s time at Ducklings.
You know your child best and your detailed knowledge and understanding is vital to us and you should feel free to share any comments or suggestion with your child’s key person or any other member of staff at any time.
Ducklings Day Nursery
- Level 2 Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional skill in English and maths if required
- Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Ducklings Day Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
- If successful, you will complete an Intermediate Children and Young People’s Workforce apprenticeship programme delivered through Ducklings Day Nursery’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.
Children and Young People’s Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV