Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner VAC-43118
As part of your apprenticeship role you will:
• Learn the application of the Montessori philosophy to children’s everyday interactions
• Learn how to meet children’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs by providing stimulating and age-appropriate play and learning opportunities in the setting.
• Learn how to supervise the children where appropriate and to protect them from dangerous or harmful situations, as directed by senior staff.
• Learn how to contribute to a high level of care that will enhance the children’s general health and well-being and to ensure that all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
• Learn how to assist the senior in providing a variety of outdoor activities to cover all areas of the children’s development as well as supervising outdoor play in all weathers.
• Learn how to be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans.
• Learn how to carry out observations (where appropriate) of children and how to discuss the progress of children with the relevant key person and to contribute any ideas to informal & formal planning sessions.
• Assist in the preparation of snacks, set up and clear away meal times and supervision of children during meal times.
• Contribute to and attend his/her feedback sessions.
• Attend and contribute at regular staff/team meetings.
• Share any child protection concerns immediately with the Setting Manager.
• Ensure adherence to setting’s code of practice
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 40 Hours per week- Monday- Friday
Weekly Wage : £156.00
Application Deadline: 30-04-2019
Possible Start Date : 07-05-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV