Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner VAC-42695
As we know, working with children aged 0 – 5 years is never dull! One session you will be constructing fairy houses in the woods and the next you will be making sand and grit models. We love exciting activities and are looking for an energetic, creative person who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty. We are situated in beautiful parkland which offers daily opportunities to make dens, run vigorously and explore nature. Singing, storytelling and puppets are a big part of what we do and we will teach you the skills to help the children learn from these in a fun way.
1. To endeavour to be cheerful, warm and welcoming to children, parents and staff.
2. To work as part of a team to organise the nursery indoors and out at the start and end of each session.
3. To contribute to the short and medium term planning of the curriculum.
4. To observe, carry out assess and record children’s learning and the effectiveness of activities.
5. To liaise with parents/carers to ensure each child’s needs are recognised and met.
6. To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. regarding children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
7. To interact with children whilst offering an appropriate level of support stimulation and care.
8. To attend staff induction, meetings, in-service training courses and meetings as required.
9. To keep absolutely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is learnt as part of the job.
10. To undertake routine cleaning to ensure the environment is safe and hygienic recycling materials wherever possible
Location: St Albans
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : Mon-Fri
Weekly Wage : £200.00
Application Deadline: 26-03-2019
Possible Start Date : 04-04-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV