Apprentice Nursery Practitioner – Seymour House – HighField lane day nursery VAC-28023
This listing has expired
The role of the Nursery Apprentice is to work within the nursery team and to learn the role and skills of the Early Years Educator by learning on the job and attending college as required.
The role and responsibilities include:
Care and Education
• To support the nursery team in providing high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
• To comply with the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation (EYFS) and relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and 2004.
• To support the nursery team, and develop your own skills in ensuring effective planning, assessment and record keeping for children (both paper and IT based) using the EYFS curriculum for guidance.
• To build positive relationships with the children, parents, carers, colleagues and external professionals.
• To ensure confidentiality, where appropriate, is maintained.
• To promote the welfare of the children and ensure they are kept safe and that Child Protection procedures are followed where necessary.
• To promote the nursery to current and prospective parents.
• To understand the Seymour House values and model these in your performance and behaviour at all times.
• To adhere to all Seymour House policies and procedures at all times.
• To take ownership of your own learning and development, demonstrating a pro-active attitude towards completing your Apprenticeship within the agreed timeframe.
• To work effectively in partnership with your assessor, and adhering to any college requirements.
• To actively participate in all review meetings, nursery team meetings and required training.
• To take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others.
You must have;
• A general understanding of childcare and child development
• A good understanding of the needs of children and their behaviour
• An awareness of Equal Opportunities and Child Protection issues
• A willingness to keep abreast of current thinking in developments in early years and a willingness to undertake further relevant training where necessary
Seymour House Values
Childcare & education
• passionate about providing outstanding childcare and education
• committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
• never giving up on a child
• seen to be a good role model
• customer focussed – being aware parents always have other choices
• never undermining parents and value and respects their role
• share learning with others, children, parents, team members
Personal attributes & continuous development
• showing excellence on a day to day basis, staying on the path of constant and never ending improvement
• takes responsibility for personal growth – reviews and reflects on personal actions on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis to gain understanding from experiences and continually improve
• demonstrating flexibility – being able to change and adapt when required to suit the needs of others and/or the environment
• nurtures – allows others to grow
• always being open and honest in all communications, trustworthy and fair
• show patience be even tempered and consistent
• gives 100% commitment, delivers what has been agreed in the agreed time frame
• problem solving, uses initiative to find a solution, never gives up or accepts second best
• takes on responsibilities for own actions and outcomes & accepts accountability
• reassuring, calm and quietly confident
• 100% committed – goes the extra mile
• genuinely friendly
• to follow the management system in place to find solutions to problems when they arise
• respects others
• cares about other peoples happiness is empathetic to the needs of others
Location: St Albans
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 40 hours a week – Monday-Friday
Weekly Wage : £212.00
Application Deadline: 26-02-2018
Possible Start Date : 05-03-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV