Apprentice Optical Assistant – LM3031
This listing has expired
Contract: Customer Service Apprenticeship
Salary: £123.75 p/w
Our client is a well-established hearing and eye care centre, who is the most trusted optician in the UK. They have a network of over 680 stores nationwide and pride themselves on providing an excellent range of glasses and contact lenses after offering eye and hearing tests to their customers.
This vacancy will be based in Tonbridge, Kent.
By undertaking this apprenticeship with Positive Outcomes we can help you to secure a real job with a salary, industry recognised qualifications and great prospects.
About the Role:
As part of this apprenticeship you will be taught how to undertake the following roles:
- Work with team members on the shop floor and learn how they operate
- Meet and greet customers into the store providing excellent customer service
- Offer advice on products and other services available
- Book appointments and update the diary
- Manage queues during busy periods and direct customers to the right department
- Answer incoming telephone calls and assist the caller
- Respond to enquiries
- Assist customers with collections
- Help customers pick frames to suit them
- Assist with complex dispensing, including occupational lenses
- Calculate thickness for a variety of frames
- Operate the till and handle payments
- Learn and apply NHS procedures
- Maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- Show customers to the waiting area once they arrive for their appointment
The store trades 7 days per week including bank holidays, so weekend working will be required and will form part of your contracted hours. You will have days off during the week when you are required to work weekends.
REGISTER YOUR CV