Apprentice Parts Operative
Apprentice Parts Operative 30827
About this opportunity
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
Must live locally or have own transport
• To assist & ensure all workshop Technicians are dealt with promptly and courteously.
• Assist & ensure all incoming calls are answered within the department’s guidelines.
• To assist & ensure that parts are correctly checked against delivery notes and all orders are checked before the delivery note is signed.
• To assist & ensure all parts received for stock have been put away before close of business.
• To assist & ensure that the work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
• To assist & ensure that exchange units and warranty parts returned to the Parts department are clean and labelled correctly.
• Update the surcharge/parts returns ledger as required.
• Complete work-based training projects with minimum disruption to the parts department and within agreed timescales.
• To ensure that the procedures for all accounts are fully adhered to.
• To ensure that the security of the parts department is upheld at all times.
• Report any stock damage or stock losses to the Storeman, Parts Procurement or Inventory Controller
• Carry out stock checks as instructed.
• Ensure all parts are accurately located using the correct stock control methods.
• Be able to demonstrate knowledge of correct packing procedure and despatch matters.
• Assist with warranty and returns.
• To ensure all cages/boxes and packaging are available for return to the manufacturer.
• Adhere to all health & safety, QMA and Retail Standard procedures.
• Assistance with any other task as directed
What you could go on to do
Learn other aspects of the business
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role combined with a structured in-house training programme with the Company.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• Good GCSE achievements demonstrating a good level of understanding in both Maths and English and preferably have achieved GCSE Grade C in these subjects
• The ability to read numbers and work accurately is very important
• Results orientated
• Good problem solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent quality and reliability standards
• A keen interest in self-development
• Commitment and self confidence
• Committed to providing high quality work
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Good work ethic
• Excellent communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
• Literate in English.
• Good with numbers.
• Computer skills – PC literate
• Health & Safety awareness.
• Good timekeeping and attendance
• Able to perform tasks in an accurate manner
REGISTER YOUR CV