Apprentice Plant Nursery Assistant – Tendercare Nurseries Ltd – Level 2 Horticulture
This listing has expired
This is a fantastic opportunity for an “Apprentices Plant Assistant” to join Britain’s leading Horticulture Resource Centre.
The successful candidate will be working Monday to Saturday each week with an 8 hour shift. The working time will be 8am to 4:30pm and 1-hour Lunch (30 min paid and 30 min unpaid) You will be given a dedicated support from your YMCA Tutor to achieve your Level 2 Horticulture qualification
- Potting on containers Potting off seedlings / rooted cuttings
- Pricking out seedlings – seed trays
- Propagation hardwood cuttings softwood cuttings semi ripe cuttings
- Preparing containers for seed and cuttings
- Sowing seed direct to open ground broadcast (i.e. grass seed)
- Sowing seed direct to open ground in drills seed in containers
- serving customers
The successful candidate will:
- Must have good organisation skills
- Enjoy working outside
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative and to work alone
- Some experience working or being around Horticulture
- Work towards gaining a level 2 Horticulture
- Ideally will have GCSE Maths and English grade A-E or equivalen
To apply all you need to do is click Find out more and make sure your CV is attached and you include a brief cover letter that explains why you’re interested in this role and why you make the best person for the job!
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly. If you have any questions or would like some information about this or any other apprenticeships advertised here please get in touch with David Miller on 02073431870 email: [email protected]
Best of luck!
REGISTER YOUR CV