Apprentice Playworker VAC-36064
This listing has expired
An Apprentice play worker will be proactive in helping to maintain the club according to the current legislation and meet Ofsted standards and good practice guidelines. They will assist in planning activities programmes, promotion of the club within the community, implementing policies and running activities at the club. NFCC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff to share this commitment.
In the absence of the Manager, the Apprentice play worker will support the Senior in charge in their management role.
• Help to devise enjoyable child centred activities, ensuring that all activities are safe and correctly supervised in line with NFCC policy
• Prepare the rooms for the scheduled activities every day, following the planning prepared.
• Ensure on arrival any EYFS updates are carried out while no children are present.
• Ensure all key tasks are completed at the required times
• Ensure any collected children are signed in.
• Oversee/assist children during refreshment and activity time.
• Ensure that at the end of each session all resources are tided and stored away, leaving the building clean and tidy.
• Participate in both indoor and outdoor activities.
• Ensure that you adhere to the child protection, health & safety and equal opportunities policies.
• Liaise with the Manager on any issues of health & safety and ensure that immediate action is taken of there if there is a child protection issue.
• Ensure that the accident book contains the relevant information and that Parents/Guardians/Carers sign the appropriate notification form.
• Participate in staff planning meetings at regular intervals where necessary.
• To work in a positive and problem solving manner with the Manager.
• To clean and tidy and supervise during all operations in regard to the service.
• Participate in the planning and curriculum according to local government guidance and best practice.
• Follow all NFCC policies and procedures to a high standard.
• Ensure respect and common courtesy is shown at all times to all who attend or work within the service and the general public as a representative of the service.
• Carry out any other reasonable duty to ensure the smooth running of the service.
This list is not exhaustive, merely a guide.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 30 hours a week – Monday-Friday
Weekly Wage : £92.50
Application Deadline: 20-08-2018
Possible Start Date : 27-08-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV