Apprentice- Prior Park Educational Trust – Horticulture Apprenticeship Level 2
This listing has expired
The Prior Park Educational Trust are recruiting a great opportunity as an Apprentice Gardener Level 2 Apprenticeship in Horticulture.
You’ll be working Fulltime 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am to 4.30pm and earning a wage while you complete your Level 2 work based qualification in Horticulture. With the possibility that you could progress up to the Level 3 qualification on successful completion of your first year.
- Caring for and improving the gardens at Prior Park College and The Paragon School
- Carrying out some general grounds tasks, including turf care, planting, shrub and tree pruning, maintenance of ditches, paths and removal of grass clippings and leaves.
- Carry out weed spraying, application of fertilisers, chemicals, etc.
- Conducting daily safety checks of the play equipment at the Paragon School and effecting minor repairs
- Maintain watercourses, assist with tree lopping, repairs to hard landscape areas
- Help to maintain and repair gates, fences and grounds/garden huts and out buildings.
- Daily maintenance of grounds, marking out all sports pitches and preparation of all playing surfaces using appropriate methods and machinery.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent organisation skills and time-management
- Enthusiastic and Hardworking
- DBS required
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience of childcare and a real want to progress in this career
- Their GCSE Maths and English grades A – E or equivalent
To apply all you need to do is click Find out more and make sure your CV is attached and you include a brief cover letter that explains why you’re interested in this role and why you make the best person for the job!
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly. If you have any questions or would like some information about this or any other apprenticeships advertised here please get in touch with Rita Khan on 02073431870 email: [email protected]
Best of luck!
REGISTER YOUR CV