Apprentice Project Support Worker
This listing has expired
Candlelighters was formed more than 40 years ago by parents of children affected by cancer. They came together, along with the medics who treated their children to support each other. Family support is a key part of our work to this day and we offer an ever expanding range of support from funding holidays for families to talking therapies.
As the successful support worker will be working Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 04:30pm. During the yearlong apprenticeship you will be given full training and support to achieve your Level 3 Early Years qualification.
- Support the planning and delivery of projects, support groups, events and services both at The Square and in the community.
- Collate, analyse and be responsive to feedback received to ensure the services we deliver meets the needs of families.
- Research ideas for new initiatives to meet the needs of the families.
- Ensure projects, support groups and events are delivered within budget.
- Ensure all projects, support groups & events are adequately staffed by liaising with volunteers.
- Maintaining positive relationships with all new and existing suppliers.
- Thoroughly completing all Risk Assessments and Health and Safety checks to ensure all projects, support groups & events are conducted in a safe manner.
- To record all relevant information on the database as and when required and maintain up to date records.
- To be responsible for own administration.
- To cover front of house duties as and when required.
- Any other duties as required.
The successful candidate:
- Experience of relationship development with people at all levels
- Ability to manage interruptions in a busy office with competing priorities
- Pro- active and solution focussed
- Computer literate, conversant with MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work on own initiative working towards deadlines and within a team
- GCSE in Maths and English grades A – D or equivalent
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly.
Please note this role is not suitable for family members receiving support from Candlelighter
REGISTER YOUR CV