Apprentice Receptionist – Sun Hotel – Hitchin VAC-38265
This listing has expired
Old English Inns provide a vast range of tasty pub favourites as well as a traditional daily carvery with a fantastic choice of fresh vegetables and succulent roasted joints of meat. Their generous, eye catching cakes are regarded as their unique selling point, displayed in cabinets in the centre of their business to create a real talking point for customers.
Old English Inns aim to provide the best dining and drinking experience for customers of all ages, including a distraction zone for children to keep them occupied. They aim to be the first choice for families. You’ll find personal touches throughout their pubs and in everything they do.
The teams at Old English Inns are the people who make their pubs so special, creating the warm and friendly atmosphere they’re renowned for. Old English Inns are passionate about developing the skills of their people. That’s why they’re offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an apprenticeship through 12 month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
You will be paid the National Minimum Wage for your age.
Daily duties will include:
• Welcomes guests to the hotel
• Answering the telephone and dealing with customers accordingly
• Filing paperwork
• Register, process, and greet guests promptly
• Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the handover diary each shift; updates dairy for next shift
• Ensures that guest mail and messages are delivered promptly
• Communicates effectively with guests, colleagues, and supervisors
• Handles incoming guest room reservations to the company standard
• 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
• Pension scheme
• Save As You Earn (Share scheme)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : Minimum 30 hours per week (including Evenings and Weekends)
Weekly Wage : £177.00
Application Deadline: 22-10-2018
Possible Start Date : 29-10-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV