Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator N15 4AA
This listing has expired
• Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice.
• Acknowledging patients arrival at the desk within 2/3 minutes of arriving;
• Where the situation is unmanageable due to the amount of patients waiting then advise the patients in the queue you will be with them as soon as possible and call for assistance.
• Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments, in a professional manner, referring to your line manager if you feel unable to help.
• Ensuring that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner, following Practice protocols and using judgement as appropriate.
• Communicate test results in an accurate manner, following Practice taught Practice protocols.
• Alert Management to any issues showing on patients records.
• Be aware of the Reception area, of patients in the waiting room, of which doctors and nurses are currently working in the building and whether they have arrived for their clinics. Where clinics or appointments are running late, advice waiting patients and offer apologies.
• Deal with new patients and those seeking temporary cover, explaining Practice arrangements and formal requirements and ensuring procedures are completed.
• The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
• Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk, particularly upon observation of failure by a team member.
• Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
• Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
• Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
Days of work: Monday – Friday
Hours of work: TBC
Pay: £5.00 – £6.00 p/hour.
Please be on time and dressed smartly.
Please think about the role you would be performing and try to understand the key tasks – ask your Jobwise Training CRM if you are unsure of anything.
Please remember to research the company. You will need to remember 3 things about the company from their website as you will be asked this question in interview.
Please remember to think of some questions to ask during your interview – these can be about the company or the industry. It is important to have at least one question planned.
Company: Spur Road Surgery
Address: 1 Spur Rd, West Green, London N15 4AA
REGISTER YOUR CV