Apprentice School Caretaker 30143 30143
This listing has expired
The successful candidate will be part of the facilities team working within a large high school based in East Manchester. The role involves day to day support of the maintenance of the building and undertaking janitorial tasks.
A normal day would include:
• Undertaking and maintaining the cleanliness and physical appearance/environment of the area
• Portering duties within and outside the building location, making arrangements where necessary for moving heavy furniture
• Carrying out various maintenance and repairs in the school e.g. redecorating and fixing, and to be responsible for the implementation of a preventative planned maintenance programme in conjunction with the facilities manager.
• Assisting the facilities manager with specific projects, ensuring school buildings are safe and fit for purpose, including using any specialist skills e.g. joinery, carpentry, building, plumbing to limit where possible the use of outside contractors
The East Manchester Academy is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Beswick, and is a member of the Education and Leadership Trust with Whalley Range 11-18 High School and Levenshulme High School.
What you could go on to do:
You could go on to become the facilities manager, assistant facilities manager or to do a level 3 caretaking apprenticeship.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
None are essential but a good level of maths and English would be preferable
Friendly and approachable, team player
Team work skills
REGISTER YOUR CV