Apprentice Service Desk Engineer – Abingdon (OX14) – 16855
This listing has expired
We are a leading provider of technology for learning to schools, colleges and Universities across the UK. Headquartered just outside Oxford we deliver everything educational establishments need to deliver technology-enabled learning. We don’t just sell our own products, we provide and help manage all the leading technology brands and have close relationships with all the major hardware, software and freeware providers. In addition, through our Education Resources companies TTS and Spacekraft, we deliver high quality resources for Early Years, Primary and SEN settings. And if that wasn’t enough, we also work with assessment bodies throughout the UK and internationally providing exam marking solutions.
Do you thrive on problem solving?
Can you grow your technical skills to manage a broad and constantly evolving range of ICT?
If so then our Apprentice Broadband Delivery Engineer role could be just what you are looking for…
- As an apprentice, you’ll have the challenges of our business plus the support of your colleagues. You will have a real job from day one of starting with RM, whilst continuing your learning with a training provider at a local training centre. Working in a team where you’ll get a great insight into how the business works, you’ll earn a salary whilst gaining practical work experience within your chosen discipline.
- Using some of the latest technology you will join our friendly, experienced Service Desk Team who have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude who understand the importance of the Internet in the educational environment.
- Service desk responsibilities include responding to support queries via telephone and email from our wide ranging customer base of educational establishments. You will have the opportunity to help RM launch new Internet products and services and be involved in projects that help make us even better at what we do.
- You will receive fantastic support and training. This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic, customer focused problem solver to gain new skills from an experienced service desk and Internet service provider. With the growth of cloud technologies and expansion of on-line content, a fast, functioning Internet connection is mission critical to schools and educational establishments. We are looking for forward thinking engineers who want to step up and help us support schools, academies and multi-academy trusts get the best from their Internet connection and aid their move to cloud based solutions.
- Strong problem solving skills, with an inquisitive and creative approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong active listening skills and the ability to build strong relationships with and influence colleagues and customers
- Highly customer focused with an empathetic and customer-centric approach
- Sound planning & organisational skills to handle the workload and to prioritise activities across the group of customers in a dynamic work environment
- Improvement focus and good decision making ability
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm
£13,000 per annum
Working for RM you would be entitled to the following benefits:
- 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
The following voluntary benefits are also available:
- Childcare Vouchers
- Voluntary Dental Plan
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Voluntary Critical Illness Cover
- Voluntary Health Assessments
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Give As You Earn (GAYE)
- Employee Referral Scheme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV