Apprentice Software Developer
This listing has expired
Runshaw College is one of the most successful colleges in the UK, with renowned Nationally for outstanding results, friendly and supportive culture.
Runshaw College is looking to recruit an Apprentice Software Developer to join the team.
The applicant must already have achieved a Level 3 qualification or above in a relevant discipline.
The Software Developer Apprentice, is responsible for the Development aspect of the IT Services. This covers the support and development of in-house applications and the support of externally sourced software applications. They will be expected to provide solutions and fixes to systems and assist in ensuring that the systems remain functional whilst adhering to defined procedures.
- Develop new applications according to customer requirements to further improve college systems and processes and ensure that all systems developed maintain the security, integrity and confidentiality of College data
- Provide support on current applications in order to ensure the applications remain functional
- Liaison with IT Services – Systems customers and the Colleges Service Desk – including gathering requirements and presenting solutions
- Liaison with third parties for solutions and ongoing development of their applications/reports
- Ensure that all developed applications are fully tested and incorporate business continuity principles as standard
- Apply a diligent, pro-active approach to documentation and quality assurance
- Ensure that adequate training is provided for both the use and support of developed applications
- Maintain and contribute to the backlog of User Stories along with any Requests and Incidents assigned to the IT Services – Systems team
Desired Training, Experience and Knowledge:
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design and standard design patterns
- Experience in Relational Database design and operation.
- Experience of the use of SQL for the creation of tables, queries and stored procedures
- Experience in web-based development for both the presentation of information and the interactive collection of valid data
- Understanding of .net (VB or C#) development environment
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle using structured or Agile approaches
- Knowledge of a broad range of technologies related to the role
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and utilise new skills and technologies
Desired Qualifications and Attainments:
- A minimum of GCSE Grade C/4 or above in Mathematics and English
- Level 3 qualification or above in a relevant discipline(s)
- Willingness to achieve QA L4 Apprenticeship in Software Development within a reasonable timeframe
Working Hours and Holiday Entitlement:
- You will be required to work such hours as are reasonable for the proper performance of your duties and responsibilities, normally 37 hours per week.
- This post is temporary for 24 months.
- You will receive (pro rata) 20 days’ holiday in each holiday year, increasing to 25 days’ holiday after completing 5 years’ service (as at 01 August)
- 8 Bank and Public Holidays
- 4 extra Statutory Holidays
- 3 closure days should the College decide to close in the interests of efficiency
- This entitlement will be on a pro-rata basis for posts that are part-time
The College is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the health and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. In order to check an individual’s suitability to work in an educational environment, the successful applicant will require a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Certificate.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV