Apprentice Software Developer – Bourne (PE10) – 16663
This listing has expired
Consus Fresh Solutions Ltd is a software house based in Bourne Lincolnshire.
We provide professional high quality bespoke software solutions, consultancy and the supply of our fully integrated and real-time ERP system called ‘Consus’.
Our primary market sector is Fresh Produce and Farming, and we specialise working with farmers and companies that pack or distribute to the high street multiples.
The company is owned by the two directors who have a daily hands-on approach to the business.
Job overview / purpose:
Hopefully you will be conversant with Microsoft Visual Studio, in particular the VB.Net and C# programming languages.
You will be working with SQL Server databases, so experience with SQL Server or similar would be beneficial.
Full support and training of our products will be given.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company at its early stage of expansion and become a valued member to help drive this company forward.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Once trained, then the primary role is to develop software applications. These applications may be new projects or additions to existing projects
- You will also be in a telephone support role, supporting existing customers who may be experiencing problems on site or just need application advice
- There will be occasions when you will need to go to a customer site, to either install new applications or diagnose a problem that they may be experiencing
- At times you will be asked to join one of the directors on customer visits to assist with producing customer software specifications for new projects
- Due to the nature of the Produce Industry, there may be a possibility that some weekends you will need to be “on call” for telephone support
We are looking for an individual with:
- An interest in Software Development
- Out of the box thinking and solution approach
- Self-driven learning as this is a necessary part of the role
- Good communication skills, as they are key for this role.
Desired qualification requirements:
The candidate should also ideally have 7 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English.
5 days per week,
35 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£11,000 per annum
- Salary reviews every 6 months
- Versatile working environment
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV