Apprentice Software Developer – London (WC2R) – 16270
This listing has expired
DK is a global company that produces the world’s most trusted books and content, which make readers fall in love with the topics they explore.
Regardless of your role at DK, the exchange of ideas, constant interaction and unstoppable collaboration is the key to success of every project. Throughout the whole process, every decision is centred around us delivering what our customers want and need, to the highest standard.
We are looking for people who have got the right attitude, commitment and ambition to join our team of extraordinary, captivating and inspiring individuals. If that is you, we are ready to offer you not only a job at DK but a fulfilling, happy and fruitful career with competitive salaries, flexible benefits and a central London location.
Oh, and did we mention you can finish at 1pm on Fridays for the 12 weeks of summer?
Job overview / purpose
Are you a coder at heart? Passionate about Software & Web Development?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a multinational publishing company based in Central London.
The purpose of the role is to support the delivery of technical solutions to optimise the print and digital publishing workflow using DK standard methods, procedures and tools.
- Fix assigned bugs using well documented, testable and efficient code to our specified approach, standards and workflow
- Track and update issues using DK’s issue tracking systems (currently Github) according to guidelines and in a timely manner
- Check code into version control system (currently Git) on a regular basis with appropriate comments and links to issues
- End-user support
- Maintain and develop automated tests to ensure repository and tool integrity and accuracy
- Analyse, feedback and contribute to documentation and training materials
- Develop sufficient understanding of DK’s hardware systems, publishing tools and the publishing process in order to develop and test solutions effectively
- Develop and maintain a sound understanding and knowledge of all the DK automation tools (e.g Fuse), both from a user and developer perspective
- Input on release planning (what is in release and when it is released)
- Interfacing with the business to help troubleshoot, co-ordinate issue resolution
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Shell scripting
- Ideally have some knowledge or experience of using Agile approach to software development
- Other programming skills: Xcode, Obj-C, InDesign DOM, Photoshop DOM, Illustrator DOM, Acrobat DOM, Applescript
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on Macs is desirable
- Knowledge in Adobe applications
- Minimum of 6 GCSEs including Maths and English
- BTEC or A Levels in a relevant subject (Computer Science, Software & Web Development) and/or Level 3 Apprenticeship in Software & Web Development
5 days per week,
37.5 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£15,000 – £19,000, depending on experience
- 25 days holiday
- Employee and employer contributed pension
- 60% discount on company books
- 2 free pulp books every day
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV