Apprentice Software Developer – Manchester (M4 4) – 16837
This listing has expired
This is a Cyber Security software company based in the centre of Manchester, who work with over 100 customers to deliver Security Awareness, Phishing and Compliance products.
They have a small and young workforce, which provides an ideal environment for someone to learn.
They run monthly team building events/activities and have regular social outings with the team, an early finish on Fridays and a casual dress code in the office.
Job overview / purpose:
Following a very successful 2018, the company are expanding all areas of the business including the development team and they are looking for an apprentice to come on board and help further their development.
They have already run a successful apprenticeship programme in their Marketing team and the candidate there is just about to come on board full-time with the business.
This role will suit someone who is self-taught or a hobbyist and wants to really get stuck into a code base and learn on the job. In return, they will provide full mentoring and support.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Work in conjunction with the existing team and report into the development lead
- Work in all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, functionality, testing and support
- Design and development of new features for the web applications,
- Testing and execution of bug fixes
- Investigation into prospective data sources
- Liaising with clients to gather requirements
- Pick up and own projects and deliver consistent standards of work in keeping with the company
- Participate in team meetings and communicate throughout the business
- Have a strong interest in coding as a hobby and be able to reference this
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organization skills and be willing to learn
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Desired qualification requirements:
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9:30am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£200 per week
Benefits / Future prospects:
- Great opportunity to start a career in Software Development with on-going learning and development, including on the job training by the company.
- Friendly, young and innovate working environment where your ideas are listened to and often implemented.
- Opportunity to progress in the company on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV