Apprentice Software Developer – Wilmslow (SK9) – 16312
This listing has expired
Join a rapidly expanding software company using modern programming techniques to produce high quality, industrial strength SaaS software. The company is developing an innovative Software as a Service (SaaS) platform with a pluggable infrastructure supporting the delivery of cloud-based software to all sizes of businesses.
Job overview / purpose
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with an aptitude for software development and a strong desire to work within the IT industry.
You will be working initially in technical support to gain product knowledge and then within a highly skilled agile development team where you will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
This position is based in Handforth, Cheshire, where you will work alongside an assigned developer to help deliver their new innovative SaaS based business offering.
You can expect to benefit hugely from working in this vibrant technical environment within an organisation that sees huge growth potential in the coming years.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate analytical skills to become part of this exciting project.
- Provide critical technical support for solutions and services as part of our Software Development Team
- Work directly with our customers
- Assess and resolve technical systems issues
- Work with colleagues to identify root-causes behind problems, before developing, testing and implementing permanent solutions
- Develop experience across the software development and support sector
Essential skills & experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Good knowledge of a programming language
- Strong communication skills
- Logical problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work on own initiative or collaboratively as part of a team
- Evidence of work from school or projects they have created in their own time
Desirable but not required
- Knowledge of additional programming languages
- At least 5 x GCSE at Grade ‘C’ and above.
9:00am – 5:00pm, (1 hour lunch)
35hrs per week
£175 per week
- Great opportunity for career progression
- Excellent work facilities (Games Room)
- Pension: We pay 3% into pension scheme and that kicks in after probationary period – They also have to pay a minimum of 3%
- Holiday entitlement: 20 Day + 1 day additional day per completed year of full time service
- Christmas period: The office closes with the last day being the 21st December and re-opens on the 2nd January
- Annual bonus scheme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV