Apprentice Software Developer/Tester – Manchester (M4 6) – 16321
This listing has expired
You will be in a great working environment in our beautiful Hampshire offices as well as opportunities to work from home. The opportunity to work on both client projects and internal developments. The chance to attend industry conferences. Lots of challenging and complex work that will stretch your skills as well as the space to learn and grow. A chance to be part of an exciting and democratic company that you can help to shape.
You will be in a great working environment in our beautiful Hampshire offices as well as opportunities to work from home. – The opportunity to work on both client projects and internal developments.- The chance to attend industry conferences.- Lots of challenging and complex work that will stretch your skills as well as the space to learn and grow.- A chance to be part of an exciting and democratic company that you can help to shape.
- Acceptance testing of new software releases. Software usability – develop an understanding of how end users work with different devices in different contexts.
- Quality Assurance of Upgrades/Updates.
- Test on all supported browsers and devices.
- Test Planning – devise tests based on functional specifications, include acceptance criteria.
- Test Documentation – record test results, and severity.
You will be working in a comfortable office environment where communication and collaboration are key. You should also be comfortable working on a farm where chickens can wander into the kitchen randomly and unannounced. Don’t worry. It’s a nice farm.
- Have an interest in computers, software with long-term career goals of working within software industry
- Have obsessive attention to detail, be methodical, accurate
- Can work to deadlines
- Think from users perspective, never, ever, compromise on quality
- Be assertive and a team player, but able to work alone under direction
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to the role
- Be committed to ensuring that we deliver the best products on the market.
The candidate will have at least 7 GCSE’s including Maths and English with a interest in computers, with long term careers goals in Software.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm
£10,000 to £12,000 per annum
Once completed there will be pathways to specialise within Software Test Engineering, Software Engineering or UX Designer roles.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV