Apprentice Software Engineer – Chatham Maritime (ME4) – 16224
This listing has expired
Vanquis Bank is part of the Provident Financial Group, a lender established in 1880 with a history of operating predominantly in the home credit market. Vanquis Bank was established as the credit card issuing arm of the Provident Financial Group in 2002.
Vanquis is the largest dedicated specialist ‘low and grow’ credit card issuer in the UK credit card market. Vanquis Bank occupies three sites – a Head Office in Central London and sites in Bradford and Chatham, Kent housing our customer contact centres.
Vanquis is a full member of UK Finance, the trade association for the UK’s financial services industry.
You will be part of an engineering team which will consists of Software and Test Engineers that form the Scrum/Agile team(s) within your department. As part of the wider group you will be working closely with a cross functional team.
You will take responsibility for the successful development of software products within the Scrum/Agile team.
Reporting directly to a Principal Software Engineer for your department.
- Involved in the ongoing success of the departments software products
- Embraces a continuous learning and improvement culture where the development of new skills and knowledge is paramount to the success of your role
- Provides positive behaviours in communication and collaboration amongst peers and stakeholders
APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE, PROBLEM SOLVING & INNOVATION
- Contribute to learning Agile ALM including refinement, planning, release and retrospective sessions
- Learn how to apply a test strong framework and automation to support CI and CD
- Participate to the cloud-first mentality of the engineering group
- Ensure security is considered in all areas of the software products
- Assist with clear documentation on technical solutions where required
- Regular interactions with product teams and engineering leads
- Work closely with other technical peers, especially in the Development Community of Practice
- Collaborate with cross functional team – PO, Designer, QA, Devs, Scummaster
- Contribute to the success of a high performing engineering team via collaboration, application of skill, and attention to detail
- Work closely with engineering peers to create innovative solutions to challenges
- Contribute to the peer review process to ensure consistent code quality for the departments software products
- Good interpersonal; organisational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Great problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with perseverance and professionalism
- Eager to learn new tools and principles used in Agile ALM:
- Automated software testing
- Agile Methodologies – Scrum/Kanban/XP
You should have knowledge of at least one current major OO language,
- ASP.NET MVC – Java – C++ – Python – KDB
- REST Web Services/SOA
- Automated Testing
- Continuous integration and Continuous deployment
- AngularJs or React
- Internet of Things
- Service Bus or AMQP Messaging technologies
- Content Management Systems
Tools/Technologies: VSTS, GIT
Methodologies: Agile, DevOps, TDD
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above
Monday to Friday 9:30am to 6pm
£18,000 per annum
We actively encourage our staff to join events and community projects by giving paid time-off as well as financially contributing through our fund matching programme.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV