Apprentice Software Support Consultant – HARROGATE (HG1) – 16365
This listing has expired
You’ll be working for a growing, modern software company situated in the centre of Harrogate.
The inspiration for Cubic Interactive was formed during the creation of the original Broadway Malyan Intranet. On the wave of the dotcom boom the plan was initially to build bespoke information systems for organisations within the AEC sector.
Setting up initially in a small central London office and working on a number of bespoke Intranets for some high profile Architectural practices, a decision was made to build a configurable off the shelf practice management system, and so began the journey of Rapport3. We soon saw that, with our experience of the professional services and construction industry coupled with software development expertise, we had the capacity to develop an innovative practice management solution that meets the needs of construction professionals much better than products already on the market.
The system was launched in 2005 and has gone through multiple updates and improvements, with over 150 customers with 12,000 staff now using the software daily across every continent.
Job overview / purpose:
You’ll be working for a growing, modern software company situated in the centre of Harrogate. This exciting apprenticeship role would suit someone looking to start, and build a career in IT. You would be supporting end users of our software products while being exposed to a range of new technologies. You will be trained and supported by a fantastic team who will help you develop your skills to become the best you can be.
This is an apprenticeship position, which means you will receive £10k as a starting salary and current industry recognised qualifications. In addition, you will be offered a permanent position upon the successful completion of your apprenticeship.
To be considered for this position, you’ll need to have energy, enthusiasm, a keen interest in technology, as well as an aptitude for and willingness to learn new skills.
This apprenticeship will lead to internal progression, moving into a specialized role with an initial salary band of £15k-£20k and higher.
- Day to day management of the online helpdesk (Freshdesk) queue of incoming questions and requests from clients
- Ensuring a timely response via phone or email to any queries
- Escalating issues to other team members where necessary
- Answering incoming phone calls from clients and providing support where needed
- Providing remote support to clients using screen sharing software
- IT Administration (reports, document updates, routine systems checks)
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Good at problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Assertiveness & confidence
- Enthusiastic & quick learner
- Broad minded and open to being exposed to new technologies
- Logical mindset
- A keen interest in IT and how systems work
- Presentable and professional at all time
- Experience in using MacOS would be a bonus, but not essential.
- An Interest in Technology
- An interest in business processes
- A good understanding of Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Experience using iOS or Android mobile operating systems
- Experience installing software
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel)
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£10,000 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV